On Thursday, June 15, 2006, the White House announced that President George Bush signed H.R.1953, San Francisco Old Mint Commemorative Coin Act, into law. Now as Public Law 109-230, [GPO: text/pdf] the US Mint has until the end of this year to design, strike, and sell these commemoratives. This will be a real test for the Mint and the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) and Commission of Fine Arts (CFA) bureaucracies.
Support the Coin Collectors Blog
- Whitman Coin & Collectibles Expo Will Reconvene in March 2021 September 17, 2020
- United States Mint Opens Sales for Uncirculated Palladium Coin on September 24 September 17, 2020
- Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Ecological Preserve Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin on Sale September 18 September 12, 2020
- ANA Members Recognized at Virtual Awards Ceremonies September 9, 2020
- Whitman Publishing Releases ‘A Guide Book of Collectible Postcards,’ by Bowers and Martin September 5, 2020