There have been reports of various minting errors for the new Washington Dollar coins, but a Denver couple found a number of blank planchets with edge lettering. Somehow, the coins missed the striking process but were processed passed inspectors to have the lettering pressed into the edge. Coins are from the Denver Mint Facility. There were no reports as to how many of this error may be in circulation.
- NCIC to Conduct Law Enforcement Training at Long Beach EXPO January 14, 2019
- Bonhams to Offer an Important Collection of Clark Gruber & Co. Territorial Gold January 11, 2019
- United States Mint Announces Historic Collaboration with the Royal Australian Mint January 11, 2019
- Scholarships for Art Engraving Course Available January 10, 2019
- Updated Sixth Edition of Whitman Publishing’s “Guide Book of United States Paper Money” is Now Available January 10, 2019