There have been reports of various minting errors for the new Washington Dollar coins, but a Denver couple found a number of blank planchets with edge lettering. Somehow, the coins missed the striking process but were processed passed inspectors to have the lettering pressed into the edge. Coins are from the Denver Mint Facility. There were no reports as to how many of this error may be in circulation.
Support the Coin Collectors Blog
- Whitman Coin & Collectibles Expo Will Reconvene in March 2021 September 17, 2020
- United States Mint Opens Sales for Uncirculated Palladium Coin on September 24 September 17, 2020
- Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Ecological Preserve Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin on Sale September 18 September 12, 2020
- ANA Members Recognized at Virtual Awards Ceremonies September 9, 2020
- Whitman Publishing Releases ‘A Guide Book of Collectible Postcards,’ by Bowers and Martin September 5, 2020