There have been reports of various minting errors for the new Washington Dollar coins, but a Denver couple found a number of blank planchets with edge lettering. Somehow, the coins missed the striking process but were processed passed inspectors to have the lettering pressed into the edge. Coins are from the Denver Mint Facility. There were no reports as to how many of this error may be in circulation.
- U.S. Medals and Tokens Featured in New MEGA RED, 4th Edition May 26, 2018
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing – The Monthly Production Report for April 2018 Has Been Posted May 22, 2018
- Fabled 1804 Dollar Among PCGS-Certified Highlights in Heritage’s June Long Beach Auction May 21, 2018
- Legend’s Largest Auction Shatters Records in New Orleans May 21, 2018
- United States Mint Opens Sales of 2018 American Eagle Silver Uncirculated Coin on May 24 May 18, 2018