There have been reports of various minting errors for the new Washington Dollar coins, but a Denver couple found a number of blank planchets with edge lettering. Somehow, the coins missed the striking process but were processed passed inspectors to have the lettering pressed into the edge. Coins are from the Denver Mint Facility. There were no reports as to how many of this error may be in circulation.
- PCGS announces PL and DMPL designations for California fractional gold August 19, 2018
- The London Mint Office Makes Special Dambusters Presentation Porthcawl Museum August 17, 2018
- Three receive 2018 ACTF Al Kreuzer Memorial Award August 17, 2018
- United States Mint Lifts the Curtain on Designs for the 2019 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program August 15, 2018
- PNG 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award Presented to Donn Pearlman August 14, 2018