The announcement said that the BEP has identified a problem with sporadic creasing of the paper during printing of the new $100 note that did not appear during pre-production testing. While the BEP is working to resolve the issue, the Federal Reserve will not have enough notes to begin worldwide distribution causing the delay. No date was announced.
Support the Coin Collectors Blog
- Whitman Coin & Collectibles Expo Will Reconvene in March 2021 September 17, 2020
- United States Mint Opens Sales for Uncirculated Palladium Coin on September 24 September 17, 2020
- Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Ecological Preserve Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin on Sale September 18 September 12, 2020
- ANA Members Recognized at Virtual Awards Ceremonies September 9, 2020
- Whitman Publishing Releases ‘A Guide Book of Collectible Postcards,’ by Bowers and Martin September 5, 2020