Now that the holidays are over, the U.S. Mint is adding to the post-holiday shopping rush by sending a note to their subscribers announcing that the 2010 Abraham Lincoln $1 Coin Cover will be available and the remaining 2009 products will go off sale on December 30. A quick check of the U.S. Mint’s catalog shows only three products left:
- United States Mint 2009 District of Columbia & U.S. Territories Quarters Proof Set™ (Q09)
- 2009 United States Mint Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal Set™ – James K. Polk (XP3)
- 2009 United States Mint Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal Set™ – Zachary Taylor (XQ3)
Buy now while supplies lasts.
Also announced is the launch of the Native American $1 Coin in Plymouth, Massachusetts. The public ceremony will be held at 10:30 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on January 12, 2011, at the Plimoth Plantation Henry Hornblower II Visitor Center.
Finally, in keeping with their new policy of making annual products available earlier in the year, the U.S. Mint announced the release data of the 2011 annual sets:
- January 11: 2011 United States Mint Proof Set
- January 25: 2011 United States Mint Silver Proof Set
- February 8: 2011 United States Mint Uncirculated Coin Set
The U.S. Mint said that if you sign up for an online subscription for these products by January 4, 2011 you will receive these 2011 issues as your first sets.