John Trumbull’s Declaration of Independence hangs in the U.S. Capitol Rotunda. It was used as the model for the reverse of the $2 Federal Reserve Note. The depiction is actually a recreation of a debate and not the signing since the document was signed at different times over the summer of 1776. The oil on canvas work was commissioned in 1817 and purchased in 1819.
- U.S. Mint VIDEO: U.S. Mint Games September 22, 2018
- United States Mint Launches New Educational Games September 22, 2018
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing E-Commerce Transition September 20, 2018
- Innovative 100 Point Coin Grading Scale Created by Ron Guth September 18, 2018
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing – The Monthly Production Report for August 2018 Has Been Posted September 15, 2018