John Trumbull’s Declaration of Independence hangs in the U.S. Capitol Rotunda. It was used as the model for the reverse of the $2 Federal Reserve Note. The depiction is actually a recreation of a debate and not the signing since the document was signed at different times over the summer of 1776. The oil on canvas work was commissioned in 1817 and purchased in 1819.
- Airmined Gold Coin Makes Special Journey To Normandy Beaches For D-Day 75th June 15, 2019
- Collectors Invited to 2019 PNG Day Show June 15, 2019
- Classic Early U.S. Type, Superb Proof Barbers, Gem Silver Dollars, and Rare Gold Coins Anchor Legend’s Regency Auction 33 June 15, 2019
- Finest known, rare 1856-S dime found in SS Central America treasure June 15, 2019
- COMING SOON – 2019 $2 Rocketship June 15, 2019