John Trumbull’s Declaration of Independence hangs in the U.S. Capitol Rotunda. It was used as the model for the reverse of the $2 Federal Reserve Note. The depiction is actually a recreation of a debate and not the signing since the document was signed at different times over the summer of 1776. The oil on canvas work was commissioned in 1817 and purchased in 1819.
- New Appointee Joins Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee March 16, 2019
- Paul Whitnah Shares Stories of Famous Coin Collectors, May 10, 2008 March 13, 2019
- Unparalleled Numismatic Wonders Just Weeks Away March 12, 2019
- Submissions Accepted for ANA Young Numismatist Literary Awards March 12, 2019
- 2019 United States Mint Proof Set Now Available March 12, 2019