John Trumbull’s Declaration of Independence hangs in the U.S. Capitol Rotunda. It was used as the model for the reverse of the $2 Federal Reserve Note. The depiction is actually a recreation of a debate and not the signing since the document was signed at different times over the summer of 1776. The oil on canvas work was commissioned in 1817 and purchased in 1819.
- Pittsburgh to Host National Money Show in March November 17, 2018
- Legend Rare Coin Auctions Regency Auction 29 was a great success given the choppiness of the market November 17, 2018
- United States Mint Rolls Out Final America the Beautiful Quarters® Program Coin of 2018 November 16, 2018
- PCGS Thanks Don Willis For A Decade of Service November 16, 2018
- ANA Coin Press Offers Original Numismatic Content November 16, 2018