As I looked through today’s mail, a dealer I’ve done business with sent me an advertisement for pre-sales of uncirculated 2006 American Silver Eagle bullion dollars. On the bottom of the page, I saw that I can purchase 2006 Canadian Maple Leaf bullion coins. Then it hit me, 2005 is numismatically over. The US Mint has issued the last of its 2005 coins and most foreign mints are now starting to mint 2006-dated coins telling me that it may be time to close the book on 2005.Looking forward to 2006, five more 50 State Quarters® will be released to honor Nevada, Nebraska, Colorado, North Dakota, and South Dakota. There will be a new full-faced portrait of Thomas Jefferson on the nickel. And if the Senate passes H.R. 1953, which was passed by the house on November 10, there will be a commemorative coins honoring the Old San Francisco Mint, The Granite Lady. Proceeds will be “paid to the San Francisco Museum and Historical Society for purposes of rehabilitating the Historic Old Mint in San Francisco as a city museum and an American Coin and Gold Rush Museum.” If you like the idea, contact your senators and ask them to support the bill. It looks like 2006 will be an exciting year for collectors. Happy Numismatic New Year and I hope you have a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season. I will… the Baltimore Coin and Currency Convention is less than two weeks away! Stay tuned….
- 2018 United States Mint Limited Edition Silver Proof Set Available October 18 October 12, 2018
- United States Mint Unveils Designs for the 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Program October 12, 2018
- Mentors Encouraged to Join ANA’s Diploma Program October 10, 2018
- Major Barber Exhibits and Lectures Planned for October 2018 Baltimore Expo October 8, 2018
- 2018 America the Beautiful Quarters Circulating Coin Set™ Available October 10 October 4, 2018