There have been reports of various minting errors for the new Washington Dollar coins, but a Denver couple found a number of blank planchets with edge lettering. Somehow, the coins missed the striking process but were processed passed inspectors to have the lettering pressed into the edge. Coins are from the Denver Mint Facility. There were no reports as to how many of this error may be in circulation.
- United States Mint to Hold Launch Ceremony for New Multi-Year $1 Coin Program Honoring American Innovation on Dec. 14 December 12, 2018
- Collectors Universe names Brett Charville as PCGS President December 11, 2018
- United States Mint Unveils Design for 2019 Native American $1 Coin Reverse December 11, 2018
- United States Mint Set to Release Introductory American Innovation™ $1 Coin Products on December 14 December 10, 2018
- First public display of finest proof Morgan dollars set December 7, 2018