There have been reports of various minting errors for the new Washington Dollar coins, but a Denver couple found a number of blank planchets with edge lettering. Somehow, the coins missed the striking process but were processed passed inspectors to have the lettering pressed into the edge. Coins are from the Denver Mint Facility. There were no reports as to how many of this error may be in circulation.
- Celebrating the American Legion—and America’s Veterans—With Coins March 17, 2018
- Local, State and Federal Investigators Learn Basics of Numismatic Crime Investigations at the National Money Show in Irving, Texas March 16, 2018
- 2018 Breast Cancer Awareness Commemorative Coin Program March 16, 2018
- PCGS Donates to Breast Cancer Research Foundation March 16, 2018
- NGC Special Label for Breast Cancer Awareness Coins March 14, 2018