There have been reports of various minting errors for the new Washington Dollar coins, but a Denver couple found a number of blank planchets with edge lettering. Somehow, the coins missed the striking process but were processed passed inspectors to have the lettering pressed into the edge. Coins are from the Denver Mint Facility. There were no reports as to how many of this error may be in circulation.
- Rare New Zealand coins in NY International auction today January 18, 2020
- U.S. Mint Video: American Samoa Quarter January 18, 2020
- U.S. Mint Video: Steve Gleason Congressional Gold Medal January 16, 2020
- Donald Scarinci on the 100 Greatest Modern World Coins January 15, 2020
- 2020 America the Beautiful Quarters Proof Set™ Goes on Sale Jan. 14 January 7, 2020