There have been reports of various minting errors for the new Washington Dollar coins, but a Denver couple found a number of blank planchets with edge lettering. Somehow, the coins missed the striking process but were processed passed inspectors to have the lettering pressed into the edge. Coins are from the Denver Mint Facility. There were no reports as to how many of this error may be in circulation.
- United States Mint Opens Sales for Rolls and Bags of Ellis Island Quarters on August 28 August 21, 2017
- Denver World’s Fair of Money Embraced by Collectors August 18, 2017
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing – The Monthly Production Report for July 2017 Has Been Posted August 17, 2017
- U.S. Mint Video: Philly Mint Virtual Tour August 17, 2017
- United States Mint and National Park Service to Launch America the Beautiful Quarters® Program Coin Honoring Ellis Island on Aug. 30 August 16, 2017