There have been reports of various minting errors for the new Washington Dollar coins, but a Denver couple found a number of blank planchets with edge lettering. Somehow, the coins missed the striking process but were processed passed inspectors to have the lettering pressed into the edge. Coins are from the Denver Mint Facility. There were no reports as to how many of this error may be in circulation.
- Special Product Marking 50 Years of Proof Coin Production at the San Francisco Mint Available on July 23 June 20, 2018
- Glittering World Rarities Revealed In Recovered SS Central America Treasure June 20, 2018
- NGC Signs American Astronaut Clayton Anderson to Autograph Labels June 19, 2018
- Fun and Fellowship at the Philadelphia World’s Fair of Money June 19, 2018
- U.S. Mint Video: Part III: San Francisco History June 16, 2018