There have been reports of various minting errors for the new Washington Dollar coins, but a Denver couple found a number of blank planchets with edge lettering. Somehow, the coins missed the striking process but were processed passed inspectors to have the lettering pressed into the edge. Coins are from the Denver Mint Facility. There were no reports as to how many of this error may be in circulation.
- United States Mint to Unveil Anwar El Sadat Congressional Gold Medal Designs September 16, 2019
- PCGS partners with Basketball Hall of Fame on upcoming U.S. coins September 16, 2019
- 975 No S proof dime changes hands twice in less than a week September 16, 2019
- Veteran US Mint Official Joins NGC Hand-signed Label Program September 12, 2019
- Coins Recovered-Veh Burglary-PCGS Coins-San Mateo, CA September 11, 2019