On Thursday, June 15, 2006, the White House announced that President George Bush signed H.R.1953, San Francisco Old Mint Commemorative Coin Act, into law. Now as Public Law 109-230, [GPO: text/pdf] the US Mint has until the end of this year to design, strike, and sell these commemoratives. This will be a real test for the Mint and the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) and Commission of Fine Arts (CFA) bureaucracies.
- Rare New Zealand coins in NY International auction today January 18, 2020
- U.S. Mint Video: American Samoa Quarter January 18, 2020
- U.S. Mint Video: Steve Gleason Congressional Gold Medal January 16, 2020
- Donald Scarinci on the 100 Greatest Modern World Coins January 15, 2020
- 2020 America the Beautiful Quarters Proof Set™ Goes on Sale Jan. 14 January 7, 2020