The White House announced today that President Bush signed H.R. 4902, the “Byron Nelson Congressional Gold Medal Act” authorizing the award of “a congressional gold medal to Byron Nelson in Recoginition of his contributions to the game of golf as a player, a teacher, and a commentator.” This bill allows for the minting of duplicate medals in gold and bronze at a price and quantity set by the Secretary of the Treasury. Procedes will be used to cover the cost of minting with the balance deposited into the United States Mint Public Enterprise Fund.
- Whitman Publishing Releases Expanded New 2nd Edition of the Guide Book of Buffalo and Jefferson Nickels July 25, 2017
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing and United States Mint to Participate in the American Numismatic Association’s World’s Fair of Money in Denver, CO July 25, 2017
- PNG Statement on Passing of Leon Hendrickson July 24, 2017
- American Numismatic Association Awards College Scholarships July 21, 2017
- New Ken Bressett Book on Coin Collecting Will be Available at the August 2017 Denver ANA Show July 19, 2017