The White House announced today that President Bush signed H.R. 4902, the “Byron Nelson Congressional Gold Medal Act” authorizing the award of “a congressional gold medal to Byron Nelson in Recoginition of his contributions to the game of golf as a player, a teacher, and a commentator.” This bill allows for the minting of duplicate medals in gold and bronze at a price and quantity set by the Secretary of the Treasury. Procedes will be used to cover the cost of minting with the balance deposited into the United States Mint Public Enterprise Fund.
Members of NVOAD are vetted non-profit organizations with a track records of helping in times of disaster. Please consider a donation to one of their national members. Visit nvoad.org to learn more about their members and where to donate.
Blood is a perishable commodity and is always in need. That need increases in the time of disasters! Please visit redcrossblog.org to find a blood drive near you.
- Legend’s 23rd Regency Auction to be Largest Yet. Sale to Feature Many Important and Fresh to the Market Rarities September 19, 2017
- United States Mint Launches New Palladium Bullion Coin Program September 19, 2017
- A New Book for the Serious Coin Collector: Inside the Rare Coin Marketplace September 18, 2017
- Good Photos of Bad Coins: An Example of Crowdsourcing and Numismatic Publishing September 16, 2017
- Damaged U.S. Currency Redemption Services for Citizens Affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma September 15, 2017