The White House announced today that President Bush signed H.R. 4902, the “Byron Nelson Congressional Gold Medal Act” authorizing the award of “a congressional gold medal to Byron Nelson in Recoginition of his contributions to the game of golf as a player, a teacher, and a commentator.” This bill allows for the minting of duplicate medals in gold and bronze at a price and quantity set by the Secretary of the Treasury. Procedes will be used to cover the cost of minting with the balance deposited into the United States Mint Public Enterprise Fund.
Support the Coin Collectors Blog
- U.S. Rare Coin Market Quite Active Despite Pandemic, Reports Professional Numismatists Guild July 6, 2020
- United States Mint Announces 2020 American Innovation™ $1 Coin Program Designs July 2, 2020
- PCGS Confirms New 1795 Flowing Hair Half Dollar Variety July 2, 2020
- Experience a Virtual Reality Tour at the Money Museum June 26, 2020
- PennyBoard Press Publishes New Entry in David W. Lange’s Acclaimed Series of Books on Coin Albums June 23, 2020