The White House announced today that President Bush signed H.R. 4902, the “Byron Nelson Congressional Gold Medal Act” authorizing the award of “a congressional gold medal to Byron Nelson in Recoginition of his contributions to the game of golf as a player, a teacher, and a commentator.” This bill allows for the minting of duplicate medals in gold and bronze at a price and quantity set by the Secretary of the Treasury. Procedes will be used to cover the cost of minting with the balance deposited into the United States Mint Public Enterprise Fund.
- Special Product Marking 50 Years of Proof Coin Production at the San Francisco Mint Available on July 23 June 20, 2018
- Glittering World Rarities Revealed In Recovered SS Central America Treasure June 20, 2018
- NGC Signs American Astronaut Clayton Anderson to Autograph Labels June 19, 2018
- Fun and Fellowship at the Philadelphia World’s Fair of Money June 19, 2018
- U.S. Mint Video: Part III: San Francisco History June 16, 2018