The White House announced today that President Bush signed H.R. 4902, the “Byron Nelson Congressional Gold Medal Act” authorizing the award of “a congressional gold medal to Byron Nelson in Recoginition of his contributions to the game of golf as a player, a teacher, and a commentator.” This bill allows for the minting of duplicate medals in gold and bronze at a price and quantity set by the Secretary of the Treasury. Procedes will be used to cover the cost of minting with the balance deposited into the United States Mint Public Enterprise Fund.
- Rare New Zealand coins in NY International auction today January 18, 2020
- U.S. Mint Video: American Samoa Quarter January 18, 2020
- U.S. Mint Video: Steve Gleason Congressional Gold Medal January 16, 2020
- Donald Scarinci on the 100 Greatest Modern World Coins January 15, 2020
- 2020 America the Beautiful Quarters Proof Set™ Goes on Sale Jan. 14 January 7, 2020