The White House announced today that President Bush signed H.R. 4902, the “Byron Nelson Congressional Gold Medal Act” authorizing the award of “a congressional gold medal to Byron Nelson in Recoginition of his contributions to the game of golf as a player, a teacher, and a commentator.” This bill allows for the minting of duplicate medals in gold and bronze at a price and quantity set by the Secretary of the Treasury. Procedes will be used to cover the cost of minting with the balance deposited into the United States Mint Public Enterprise Fund.
- MEGA RED, 4th Edition, Showcases United States Dimes April 21, 2018
- In Largest Ever Regency Auction, Legend Rare Coin Auctions to Present Many Important Coins April 21, 2018
- U.S. Mint Video: Bullion Coins: Making Money Episode 6 April 19, 2018
- U.S. Mint Video: Gold and Silver Vault April 19, 2018
- NGC Confirms Discovery of Fourth Known 1854-S $5 April 19, 2018